Thursday, June 18, 2009

The afternoon went by in a blur. I went to farmer's market where I got a purple and white onion, a cucumber, a bunch of kale, three apricots, a plum, two white peaches and three bunches of asparagus.

When I got back to the office I was feeling a bit peckish so I had my snack. I packed a kind of big snack because the board meeting I knew that dinner was going to be late. I had a hard boiled egg with salt and pepper, three garlic stuffed olives, about a third of a cup of boysenberries, a third a cup of raspberries and a strawberry.


My snack kept me feeling full at the board meeting which is good because there is nothing worse then being hungry and talking about the theater's finacials.

When I got home I made baked tilapia for dinner. The recipe is below. This was a kill two birds with one stone kind of meal. It is wicked fast and therefore perfect for a night where I didn't get home until 7:30 and I am submitting it to Jenna's e-cookbook.

My whole meal was two ounces of tilapia, eight stalks of asparagus, half a cup of quinoa and a cup of steamed kale. This whole meal makes me happy. Later on I had a Weight Watcher's ice cream bar.


So before I get to the recipe I must admit that I always hesitate to call this a recipe since in many ways its really a techinque but sometimes you need a little inspiration and a starting place and that is exactly what this recipe is. I have changed the veggies on the bottom and the type of white fish endless times and it always turns out.

A quick note about the name of this dish: I don't like fish very much and up until my senior year of college would not under any cirumstances touch the stuff, My best friend Cara was horribly distressed by this particularily since she had grown up on the western end of New Hampshire and couldn't understand how I having lived within spitting distance of the Pacific could not eat fish. She made it her mission in life to convince me that fish has its place in the kitchen and this was the first meal that she made me. I am still not totally sold on fish but as Cara would say this is a "wicked dinner."

Wicked Fast Tilapia

Feeds Two

1/2 a pound of Tilapia or other white fish
1 bunch asparagus tough ends removed
1 medium sized tomato sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1/2 a cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Pre-Heat oven to 375 F

On a sheet of tin foil about 18 inches in length lay out the asparagus spears in a single layer. Lay the fish on top of the aspargus and salt and pepper to taste. On top of the fish layer the sliced tomato, bread crumbs, and cheese. Add the juice from the lemon and the olive oil.

Fold the edge of the tin foil up to make a ouch and close both ends. Put the whole packet in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Open the packet and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment