Monday, June 22, 2009

Things I ate on Sunday


On Sunday I woke up and headed out in to the beautiful morning. I walked six miles and came home and had a white peach, three strawberries, the last of the raspberries and maybe the 3/4 cup of granola that was left with half a cup of 2% greek yogurt.

When I was done with breakfast I cleaned my kitchen and then proceeded to make it a mess again by making another batch of granola. Sometime in the future I will post my granola recipe. I also got out the chicken that I was going to roast for dinner and seasoned it.

While the granola was baking I seasoned my cast iron skillet. Its pretty well seasoned but since I was going to have the oven on for awhile anyway I figured it wouldn't hurt it.

While I was in the kitchen I cleaned my pantry and came up with a craft project. Once the oven was off I headed out to get some crafting supplies and to take some pear cake to my coworkers. I probably walked a mile while getting all of this done. When I got back to my apartment I was ready for some lunch. I had a small spinach salad, a smashed chickpea salad sandwich with sprouts and mixed greens and some steamed green beans.


After lunch I completed my craft project and watched some classic Buffy episodes. Then I cleaned my apartment. Not my favorite chore at all but it really needed to be done. The cat slept the whole time and I wish that I had joined him for a nap.

Once I was done cleaning I made the roast chicken. It was the first time that I have ever roasted a chicken and it turned out AWESOME! I was so very very happy. I had one of the thighs an wings with a big salad for dinner. In the salad was mixed greens, yellow pepper, red onion, cuke, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cup of quinoa. It was delicious.

After dinner I went for another walk b/c it was such a perfect evening. I went out to the end of the pier so that I could see the sunset over the water. When I got home I finished cleaning the kitchen showered and headed to bed. It was the perfect Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment