Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Peachy Keen



Its one of those truly perfect SoCal days and I woke up this morning with tons of energy and couldn't wait to lace up my running shoes. I did five miles and walked about 1.5 along the water which was kind of choppy. Really pretty and of course I didn't take any pictures.

I got home and realized that I wasn't totally hungry yet but I was thristy so I drank ~.5 L of water. Since I was out of strawberries and craving a few with b-fast I headed to the grocery store. I love to grocery shop (one of the less concerning of my quirks) and I really love the grocery store early in the morning. Its great no one is around and I can walk up down all the aisles and read all the labels with out anyone looking at me like I am crazy.
Got strawberries, tahini, and fish which I needed for meals this week.I am going to use the tilapia for dinner tonight and write it up for Jenna's e-cookbook. Hopefully it turns out delicious and I know that it will be super fast which is good since I have a board meeting tonight and will be at work late.

When I got home I was definitely ready to break my fast. I cut up a white peach, three strawberries, and about a third a cup of raspberries. I added half a cup of Trader Joe's 2% Greek Yogurt and half a cup of my homemade granola. I like my stone fruit super ripe so I buy it well in advance and then watch it forlorningly ripen and this peach was perfect. The whole meal was exactly what I wanted and it tasted like summer in a bowl.

After breakfast (I just typed it as freakfest. I think that I will have to title a post that sometime...) I played with the cat since I will be out late, packed the rest of my lunch and got ready for work. Felt like getting to office so I put this post together at work once I had walked over.

See you in a little bit

No comments:

Post a Comment